Remote, Pristine & Untouched. A Flyfishing paradise awaits…
Stalking the shallow reef flats with a 9wt or locked up on your 16wt in the bluewater? Why not do it all on a Nomad Sportfishing Flyfishing Adventure. Our range of 20ft centre consoles are all set up to perfectly cater for flyfishing.
From 2019 onwards, we are able to offer flyfishing adventures on a whole boat booking basis only. Whole boat bookings can cater for groups of 6 anglers with 2 anglers per fishing boat. Contact our office for further details.
We have filmed several full length flyfishing movies on our trips, both having been accepted into the Rise Flyfishing Film Festival. Settle back and watch some of the magic unfold below, or watch the Aquasoul Flyfishing Film Trailer filmed at the Claremont Isles which was entered in the RISE 2015 festival. It should tell you everything you need to know about Nomad Flyfishing Trips in 2 minutes.
Locations & Species
- Walk a pristine sand or reef flat chasing permit, GTs, golden and bluefin trevally, titan triggerfish + over 30 other species.
- Target huge blue bastards over 20lbs on the mangrove fringed islands
- Head out to the reef edge and deep dredge for huge spanish mackerel and dogtooth tuna
- Cruise up a remote saltwater river chasing barramundi, mangrove jacks and threadfin on fly
- Drift over a shallow reef flat trying to extract red bass, coral trout, trevally, wrasse and over 30 other species
- Use a teaser popper to allow sight casting to big GTs around the reef edge, but the pressure’s on to make the cast!
- Bring everything from your 8wt to 16wt, the only problem you’ll have is knowing which one to use next!
Boats Used on This Trip
We have a range of 20ft centre consoles for flyfishing. These are ideal flyfishing platforms, ideal for both sightcasting and cruising the flats, or chasing bluewater action. There’s plenty of room on the forward and aft decks for flycasting, and the decks are free of anything that will get in the way of the perfect cast.
During your trip you’ll be staying aboard the 70ft mothership. To check out the boats please click the icons below.
We have a huge range of flyfishing options available across the locations we visit. These locations include the most stunning flyfishing reef flats in the world.
We target everything from sight casting to larger saltwater predators on the reef flats and sand cays, and when the conditions are favourable (which they very often are), we can target blue bastards and more than 40 other species on most trips.
We have two very attractive options for anglers interested in making the most of our unique flyfishing offerings:
- Book any of our normal trips as an individual angler and enjoy a mixture of flyfishing and general sportfishing
- If you prefer to exclusively flyfish for the entire trip we can offer dedicated flyfishing adventures for whole boat groups of 6 anglers fishing with 2 anglers per boat.
Travel & General Information
Each of our trips has its own unique departure and return points, depending on the trip you have chosen and the specific logistics involved. Depending on the trip, guests may be asked to organise their own transfers to and from the mothership, or we may organise a charter flight on the guests’ behalf. The cost of these transfers is not included in your trip cost. Please contact us for full itineraries with departure times and all logistics for your chosen trip location.
If you’d like to instantly receive the latest dates and prices for all our trips, click here.
If you’d like more information about the breathtaking fishing experiences we offer, get our info pack!