Remote, Pristine & Untouched. A Flyfishing paradise awaits…
Stalking the shallow reef flats with a 9wt or locked up on your 16wt in the bluewater? Why not do it all on a Nomad Sportfishing Flyfishing Adventure.
Every single one of our guides are experienced flyfishing guides, and our range of 18-25ft centre consoles are all set up to perfectly cater for flyfishing. We cater to flyfishing anglers on all charters at the standard per person rate.
You can book in as a flyfishing angler on any of our charters, either as an individual at our standard 3 angler per boat rate, or if you have a group of two anglers we can offer a specialised flyfishing package to allow 2 anglers per boat. From mid-2018 we will have a 19ft flats skiff available for use on all trips. The boat can cater for up to 2 flyfishing anglers, and is available at the standard per person rate on all charters if booked as a group of two.
We have filmed several full length flyfishing movies on our trips, both having been accepted into the Rise Flyfishing Film Festival. Settle back and watch some of the magic unfold below, or watch the Aquasoul Flyfishing Film Trailer filmed at the Claremont Isles which was entered in the RISE 2015 festival. It should tell you everything you need to know about Nomad Flyfishing Trips in 2 minutes.
Locations & Species
- Walk a pristine sand or reef flat chasing permit, GTs, golden and bluefin trevally, titan triggerfish + over 30 other species.
- Target huge blue bastards over 20lbs on the mangrove fringed islands
- Head out to the reef edge and deep dredge for huge spanish mackerel and dogtooth tuna
- Cruise up a remote saltwater river chasing barramundi, mangrove jacks and threadfin on fly
- Drift over a shallow reef flat trying to extract red bass, coral trout, trevally, wrasse and over 30 other species
- Use a teaser popper to allow sight casting to big GTs around the reef edge, but the pressure’s on to make the cast!
- Bring everything from your 8wt to 16wt, the only problem you’ll have is knowing which one to use next!
Boats Used on This Trip
We have a range of 18-25ft centre consoles for flyfishing. These are ideal flyfishing platforms, ideal for both sightcasting and cruising the flats, or chasing bluewater action. There’s plenty of room on the forward and aft decks for flycasting, and the decks are free of anything that will get in the way of the perfect cast.
During your trip you’ll fish an even amount of time between all the boats. During your trip you’ll be staying aboard the 80ft mothership, Odyssey, with various accommodation options to choose from. To check out the boats please click the icons below.
We have a huge range of flyfishing options available across the locations we visit. These locations include the most stunning flyfishing reef flats in the world.
We target everything from sight casting to larger saltwater predators on the reef flats and sand cays, and when the conditions are favourable (which they very often are), we can target blue bastards and more than 40 other species on most trips.
We have two very attractive options for anglers interested in making the most of our unique flyfishing offerings:
- Book any of our normal trips as an individual angler and enjoy a mixture of flyfishing and general sportfishing
- If you prefer to exclusively flyfish for the entire trip we can fish 2 anglers per boat for flyfishing only. This needs to be discussed at the time of booking and there is a small surcharge for fishing 2 anglers per boat only.
Travel & General Information
Each of our trips has its own unique departure and return points, depending on the trip you have chosen and the specific logistics involved. Nomad Sportfishing organises all transfers on behalf of our guests to ensure your ongoing connections are as convenient and hassle-free as possible. The cost for these transfers is covered by the transfer fee listed for each trip in our Rates and Dates. Please contact us for full itineraries with flight times and all logistics for your chosen trip.
If you’d like to instantly receive the latest dates and prices for all our trips, click here.
If you’d like more information about the breathtaking fishing experiences we offer, get our info pack!