Meet Our FLEET
80ft Catamaran Mothership odyssey
Nomad Sportfishing Adventures’ 80ft mothership ‘Odyssey’ and fleet of 18ft to 25ft centre consoles have been purpose built to fish the most remote areas of the Great Barrier Reef and Coral Sea – the world’s largest, healthiest and most pristine tropical coral reef system.
‘Odyssey’ has been designed to be a stable, comfortable base for all liveaboard trips, with long range diesel fuel capacity and ample unleaded storage onboard to allow us to not only take you to the most remote waters in Australia, but also to explore the surrounding reefs with freedom and ease once you arrive at your next anchorage.
- Sleeping accommodation for 26 people, in a combination of private cabins, bunk rooms and crew cabins
- Unlimited freshwater supply from 2 desalinators
- 3t crane on top deck for lifting tenders
- Ice maker with 200kg/day capacity
- Full satellite communications including email/internet and phone
- Dual generator setup
- Outside eating area on the aft top deck
- Underwater lights built into the hull to attract fish around the boat at night
- Full stereo/DVD entertainment system with plasma screen TV
- Commercial quality galley for our chef to prepare your evening meals
- Fully licensed bar with beer on tap
- Onboard tackle shop
- Rod storage on the aft top deck
- 3 bathroom/shower cubicles
- State of the art Simrad navigation, radar, GPS and sounder system with ARPA capability
- Substantial fuel storage capacity to allow for remote area access and centre console operations
Odyssey is used on all 4 to 8 night liveaboard mothership packages.
See opposite for a full detailed Odyssey floor plan or download a pdf copy by clicking here.
Saltaire36ft custom sportfisher
Saltaire has witnessed some of the most exciting fishing to be experienced on the Great Barrier Reef, the coral sea and beyond to the vast reaches of the untamed waters of Papua New Guinea. Based in the Reef Marina Port Douglas, 30 nautical miles north of Cairns and a short run to the barrier reef, Saltaire is available for popper casting for giant trevally, light tackle, heavy tackle, reef fishing and personalised charters including cruising, snorkelling and diving.
With comfort, speed and great service on your side you will be amongst the serious action on offer whether it will be giant black marlin, pelagic species, giant trevally or classic reef fish. Being a boat constructed from foam core it is fast and light weight making it an affordable game fishing boat.
- Powered by twin Cummins QSB engines
- Cummins Genset
- Air Conditioned Cabin
- 4 x berths with toilet and shower
- Spacious galley
- Back deck freezer
- Game chair or light tackle station
- Latest Simrad electronics
- Quality Shimano rods and reels, ranging from Stella Spin reels to Tiagra 130s
Port Douglas Gameboat Day Trips.
25ft centre consoles
To provide all our guests with the very best in boats, and the utmost comfort while on our trips, we have 2 x 25ft centre console sportfishing vessels in our fleet that we fish with 3 anglers per boat. These vessels provide a comfortable ride for all guests on our trips as we move between reefs, and are the perfect size to be able to take you from the lagoon shallows to the deep drop offs. Our fleet of 25ft centre consoles include 2 x Contender 25ft centre consoles with twin Yamaha 200 engines. All boats are equipped with the latest sounder and GPS equipment from Navico.
2 x Contender TOURNAMENT 25T
- Twin Yamaha 200 engines
- Simrad sounder and GPS
- Ample rod and equipment storage
- Full AMSA 2C Survey Safety Equipment
25ft Centre Console Tours
All 4 to 8 night liveaboard mothership packages utilise these vessels
19ft Centre Consoles
19ft McKee Craft Bay Classic 185
These centre consoles provide a stable platform for close access to the coral reef lagoons in the areas that we visit, with up to 3 anglers fishing comfortably onboard.
- Yamaha 115 motor
- Lowrance Sounder and GPS
- Full AMSA 2C Survey Safety Equipment
19ft Centre Console Tours
All 4 to 8 night liveaboard mothership packages use the 19ft centre consoles.