Fish the Outer Barrier Reef and Princess Charlotte Bay in a single trip
- Shallow reef flats teeming with GTs, coral trout and red bass
- Deep channels and strong current reef edges await
- A maze of islands and reef flats await in the Flinders Island Group
- Fish the famous Bathurst Head for big barra
- Cast the shallow reef flats with light or heavy spin gear for a great variety of species
- Cast to prolific schools of longtail tuna and yellowfin feeding on the surface
- Light and heavy jigging for coral trout, wrasse, emperor and a variety of other
- Visited only as part of our Ultimate Adventure trip schedule for 6 night trips
This area offers a unique opportunity to fish the outer reef edges and lagoons and also offers a chance to fish the famous Princess Charlotte Bay at times of the year when access by land is impossible. The bays, rivers, islands and headlands, matched with the incredible offshore action on the reef edges make this a trip where variety is the name of the game.
Offshore reefs, sand cays, inshore islands, headlands and creeks – so much to explore in just a week, and seeing it all in one trip rarely happens due to the enormous diversity of options.
There’s the Flinders Island group to explore, and the amazing outer reef sand cays to walk with a light spin rod, endless reef flats to drift and cast, and reef passages to troll or jig.
Between February and April these trips can also include fishing the revered headlands and rivers of Princess Charlotte Bay. You could be catching barra and queenies from the headlands in Bathurst Bay one day, then battling huge dogtooth tuna and GTs on the outer reef the next day, even the same day if you were so inclined.
The Ultimate Adventure trips visiting Princess Charlotte Bay are run during the end of March and April. This is so that we can take advantage of the typically more stable wind patterns at that time of year to access this areas, and also so that we’re there for the start of the runoff season for barramundi in the creek systems of Princess Charlotte Bay.
Getting to Princess Charlotte Bay
This area is accessed on our 6 Night Princess Charlotte Bay Ultimate Adventures, with transfers to and from Cairns via helicopter directly into Princess Charlotte Bay.
If you’d like to instantly receive the latest dates and prices for all our trips, click here.
If you’d like more information about the breathtaking fishing experiences we offer, get our info pack!