Torres Strait Ultimate Adventures fish a maze of channels, flats and islands teeming with fish life
The Torres Strait is a small channel separating Australia from Papua New Guinea, and the strong currents that wash through this area create upswells of nutrients and marine life that sustain a massively diverse ecosystem.
- Home to big numbers of large GTs
- Cast the shallow reef flats with light or heavy spin gear for a great variety of species
- Troll the reef edges for big spanish mackerel
- Cast to prolific schools of longtail tuna and yellowfin feeding on the surface
- Light and heavy jigging for coral trout, wrasse, emperor and a variety of other species
- Fish the unique blue holes of the Torres Strait reefs for GTs and wrasse
- Walk the islands and sand cays for a massive variety of shallow water action.
This area is visited on a limited number of trips per year. It offers a truly unique experience to fish an area that simply cannot be accessed in any other way.
Watch the distant mountains of Papua New Guinea drift past as you fly into the remote Torres Strait to fish the northernmost Coral Reefs in Australia. We’ve briefly fished the fringes of this area on previous trips to Ashmore Reef, and the action we have so far seen combined with the incredible reef structures and great anchorages makes this new location a must visit destination.
Casting along outer edges combined with stunning blue holes, gutters and reef drains that are teeming with big GTs, mackerel and other reef critters. Torres Strait Ultimate Adventures offer a maze of reef and have produced huge GTs, wrasse, coral trout and spanish mackerel.
The limited number of trips that we operate in this area are a special treat, made possible by working with the local Torres Strait community to gain access to an area previously untouched.
This is an amazing area to visit in Spring when the reef comes alive for the annual coral spawning event. We visit this area during October/November.
Getting to the Torres Straits
Torres Strait Explorer trips depart from either Masig (Yorke) Island or Horn Island in the Torres Strait. Once you’ve picked your trip dates we can give you more details about transfers between Cairns and your trip departure location.
If you’d like to instantly receive the latest dates and prices for all our trips, click here.
If you’d like more information about the breathtaking fishing experiences we offer, get our info pack!